Let’s Start With the Knitting!!!
- #263 Neck Down Wrap Cardigan-this will be my first knitted sweater! I bought the yarn already so I can’t wait to start 🙂
- Rose Red Wrap-it’s from Once Upon a Knit: 28 Grimm and Glamorous Fairy-Tale Projects which I’ve owned for a few years now and have always wanted to make this wrap.
- Farmers Market Shawl-because when you haven’t finished your shawl already the smart thing is to add another shawl to the que right? I just love Shannon Squire’s designs though so I see myself making many of her shawls 🙂
- Regina-it’s the last thing on my to knit list for the make nine. It is a gorgeous twenties inspired knit cap that I saw on instagram and absolutely adored.
**All photos are from the designers Ravelry**
Now Lets Start With the Sewing!!!
- Well the very first and important make nine of the year is my wedding dress! I’ve already sewn the mock up but still need to do the fitting. The fabric is bought but oh man do I need to get sewing because I’m getting married end of May. Send me all kinds of positive sewing thoughts! The pattern is Butterick 5882 from Gertie and I love it!
**photos from Gerties Blog**
- Next is the Butterick 6285-it’s been on my pattern shelf for about a year but I just treated myself to a serger so now I really want wait to sew it!
- Tilly and the Button’s Rosa! All my patterns for my #2018MakeNine are all already bought patterns because I really want to focus on my stash. Women struggle with a finding a good button up and I am no exception. I want to make the dress version in a Star Wars cotton I already picked up in anticipation.
- The next is Tilly and the Button’s Cleo. I loved the look of this pattern since its release, but really hesitated purchasing the pattern. As a petite woman I constantly worry about looking childish and worried that an overall dress would push the outfit more in the childish category. Then I decided I just really don’t care!! I wanted the dress, I wanted the pattern, so I made it mine! I’m envisioning it in a burnt orange denim- styling it with tights, knee high brown boots and a shawl style scarf.
- Lastly, this dress/pattern Butterick 6453 was seen across the internet when it was released. I rushed out and bought it immediately to then not make it! Super fail on my part. I even have purchased multiple fun prints of fabric for this dress so I really need to get on it sewing wise and just make it!
Alright, I guess there isn’t much to say except I better get busy sewing a knitting! Happy New Years and Happy Challenge!!!
I’ll leave you with another funny photo of Echo :p